Thursday, December 1, 2016

X.MAS

My current mantlescape

I love to decorate for holidays.  It's another chance to express your aesthetic and test your creativity.  When it comes to Christmas, I've never been a traditional green and red person.  I've always had a pink tree, turquoise accents, pops of purple with lots of glitter and sparkle.  As we moved into our new house, I'm excited to have new areas to decorate and an updated aesthetic to work with.  I've been brainstorming, as always, on Pinterest with my Xmas 2016 board, which you can view here.  Since our budget is low due to the move + holidays, I'm going to try to craft some Himmeli decor pieces with straws and fishing line. If they turn out well, I'll make sure to share them here!

I do think when it comes to buying new decor, just as with your wardrobe, it's best to look for really great and unique pieces rather than buying everything from one store.  I found myself searching for vintage holiday items on Etsy and found a treasure trove of options.  Here are my favorite pieces!  Keep in mind, these are vintage and there is only 1 of each style! They may sell out quickly, but hopefully they can still serve as inspiration for your own home.










No comments:

Post a Comment